Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Millennials are becoming savvy property investors
With median house prices hitting north of $600,000 in many of Australia’s biggest cities, many Gen Y homebuyers are struggling to enter the property…
- Smaller towns in Mount Alexander shire feel the ‘Castlemaine effect’ as its popularity soars
Just as the domino effect of property jostling happens in the capital cities, so it can play out similarly in some of the top sea and tree change townships….
- Banks sitting on $500bn worth of 'liar loans'
With household debt levels at record highs, house prices continuing to climb, and with … Mortgage misrepresentation is systemic across Australia..
- Dividend yield, household debt: what statistics don't tell you
Were interest rates to rise quickly, or were house prices to collapse, some borrowers would suffer badly. … The Reserve Bank says aggregate mortgage buffers are high at 17 per cent of outstanding loan balances and 30 months…
- First test of new ‘sunset clawback’ laws as developer takes unit purchasers to court
In the first legal case under new sunset clawbacklaws, a developer is taking a group of purchasers to court after they refused to allow him to tear up their sales contracts following construction delays. …
- ‘Liar loans’ could threaten financial system
These home loans were issued after borrowers gave lenders false or misleading information
- Getting a loan from parents could lead to financial stress
Asking mum and dad for help to buy your first home could lead to trouble, according to a new report from the Reserve Bank