Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Baring may pick PEXA for SAI merger
The Marcus Price-led firm would be a good fit with SAI’s mortgage processing unit which offers all the software and systems to outside conveyancers…
- Finding the sweet spot: Why home buyers are placing a premium on ‘walkability’
When random breath tests for alcohol were introduced in Victoria in the late 1970s one astute property owner read the writing on the wall. He sold up his old place and bought within walking distance of his favourite pub, the Standard Hotel in Fitzroy Street, Fitzroy….
- How Western Australia quitting – or WAxit – might help the Perth property market
While WAxit sounds like a home depilatory solution, its actually something far more hilarious: the suggestion that Western Australia secede from Australia and act as an independent state….
- Launceston following Hobart's lead with house prices heading upward
Launceston recorded 15.9 per cent growth in house prices in the city. Suburbs trending upwards around the city included 16.8 per cent growth for…
- Brokers originate $3.9bn in mortgages for regional bank
Non-major bank ME has reported this week that mortgage brokers contributed more than 60 per cent of home loan settlements for the group over the…
- How many properties should you have in your portfolio?
To achieve that coveted $100,000-a-year lifestyle, a long-term investment strategy is needed