Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Industrial chic: Why there is nothing hipper than living in a factory
A quick perusal of the real estate pageswill confirm one thing: There is nothing hipper than residing inside a factory….
- Rural retreat developed by Stuart Rattle, Musk Farm, again listed for sale
Musk Farm, the rural sanctuary near Daylesford that was famously developed by society interior-designer Stuart Rattle from a derelict c1871 school property into a renowned homestead and gardens, is on the market.
For the second time in three years, personal tragedy has forced its sale.
The vendor purchased the property for $1.59 million in May 2014 following the shocking 2013 murder of Rattle in his South Yarra apartment, for which his long-term partne…
- Factors that are threatening homeownership
Hidden land costs, red tape, and regulatory creep are driving up house prices and the cost of living, as well as exacerbating mortgage stress,…
- New entrants turn up heat on Mortgage Choice and its mates
Other specialist lenders are challenging mortgage brokers with … as median Sydney house prices soared from $120,000 to about $1 million and increased … government will result in a ban on negative gearing for property investors.
- Five great renovators in top spots in Brisbane
Its usually easy to tell if a house is considered a renovator by the listing agents. The first of suspiciously few pictures on the listing will be an aerial shot with the blocks boundaries outlined, or a shot of Brisbanes skyline. Oh, and its more than likely itll go to auction….
- Are property investors as rich as they appear?
A multi-property portfolio doesnt guarantee easy millions
- Be proactive about getting a better mortgage deal
Apathy could be costing you a considerable amount of money over the lifespan of your loan
- Is it possible to renovate your house and keep up the mortgage repayments?
The biggest question is can you manage the expense of the renovation while still prioritising your mortgage payment, given we’re so often told that…