Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Murnell, the historic East Melbourne house that shouldn’t really be there
Rare in so many respects is Murnell, a perfect-to-its-period private house with chapters of story embedded in both its brick walls and site at the hyper-exclusive top end of George Street, East Melbourne….
- Young rich lister Alistair Champion pays bullish $13 million for Woollahra digs
Last Fridaysmystery buyer of the Woollahra trophy residence Icilusthat sold forwell in excess of $13 million has been revealed as young Rich Lister Alistair Champion and his wife Kate MacIvor….
- Rent asunder? Housing peak edges tenants out
The central bank said it was wary about the impact a potential glut could have on property investors who relied on rental income to meet home loan…
- Big commission paying Taylor Dow Property in liquidation
Taylor Dow Property Group, which paid high commissions and other incentives to mortgage brokers, has been placed in liquidation. Worrells Solvency…
- Mortgage arrears hit record levels
Australian mortgage arrears have hit their highest rate in five years and are set … Home loan arrears hit record highs in the Northern Territory, Western…
- Former Toyota CMO Brad Cramb leaves Audi, resurfaces at Aussie
Today, however, Aussie the mortgage broking franchise business with over 1,000 brokers and 215 retail stores has announced Cramb will join the…
- CGT discount lifted for ‘affordable’ investors
The government has released draft legislation that will increase capital gains discounts for investors dealing with affordable property