Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- The rise of the pyjama workforce: When home becomes the office
No Monday-to-Friday commute. No daily rush to work. No lining up at the cafe to get your KeepCup filled with coffee. No colleagues distracting you from the task on hand with the collection and card-signing for Nathans paternity leave. No meetings that go on and on and on….
- Budget, mid-range or luxury: how much does a bathroom renovation really cost?
Want to see the back of those ugly old wall tiles, that scratched bathtub? How about that mouldy grouting that refuses to come clean?
Along with the kitchen, revamping a bathroom especially if you want to rip out the entire thing and start again is one of the most expensive projects you can undertake.
It can also be difficult to budget for, with the price varying wildly depending on fittings, the tradespeople you employ and whether your new bathroom is highl…
- Interest in tiny houses is growing, so who wants them and why?
Tiny houses are now so popular that someone was charged with stealing one last week. A social media campaign tracked its journey from Canberra to Hervey Bay. My research to date has found a marked increase in people who want their own tiny house, particularly among older women.
<iframe allowfullscreen frameborder="0" height="260" src="ht…
- 'Bank of Mum and Dad' turning home dreams into reality
Katie said their pathway to home ownership would have been much harder without … people to pull the money together to service a mortgage and pay them back. For many first-home buyers, house prices around Australia can be…
- Opinion: Brokers, stand your ground
Over the past two decades in the mortgage and conveyancing industries, I have observed that brokers have drifted from the role of advocate for the…
- Regional banks say they're also 'too big to fail'
While APRA has required big banks to lift their average mortgage “risk … “For a home loan of the best quality, with a great LVR, with a customer with…
- The simple fix that could save you thousands of dollars and shave years off your mortgage
HOME loan customers are far better off steering clear of interest-only loans and instead paying principal and interest as banks punish customers who…
- RBA: Lack of transparency in mortgage market is hurting borrowers
Banks typically offer attractive discounts to new customers and charge existing customers more