Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Population growth is pushing up house prices
Australia’s estimated residential population has soared by 389,100, or 1.61%, to 24.512 million people in the year to March, the fastest increase since…
- House of the week: The Killarney Heights home that creates a tropical escape in the suburbs
Resort-style is one of those real estate terms that gets thrown about rather casually, sometimes describing nothing more exciting than an in-ground pool. So its fabulous to find a property deserving of the resort-style tag….
- Eyes on the prize: How to avoid common buying mistakes this spring
The blossom trees are blooming, the temperature is rising and open for inspection signs line the streets.
Purchasing a home in the thick of the spring selling frenzy can be a daunting and overwhelming task. While the end of the cooler months typically brings increased stock to the market, it also encourages a whole new host of buyers determined to find a home before the busy Christmas period.
- Almost one in six Australians are under mortgage stress
Home loan rates were based on the standard variable rate from the Reserve … as a result of low interest rates and rising house prices, Mr Morris said.
- Australian Property Investors Stay Confident Despite Pressures
Australian property investors have remained optimistic about the long-term benefits of residential real estate, despite the ever-looming concerns…
- MyState Bank launches new home loan
The new MyState Basic Home Loan was created by the bank after brokers voiced support for a mortgage that is easy for consumers to understand.
- Broker merger to create regional giant
The joining of two leading brokerages is set to shake up the mortgage landscape in one Australian state
- Brokers “more scrupulous” than ever
The CEO of one leading mortgage franchise has dismissed claims that borrowers are being forced into larger loan sizes