Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Sunset clawback: Families push for better protection against developers cancelling contracts
Seven months pregnant, Kate OSullivanwas getting ready to take maternity leave to give birth to her first child.
The 28-year-old was also getting ready to move into a three-bedroom house in Lilydale she and her husband, Liam,had bought off-the-plan. It was their first home, and where they planned to start their family.
So it came as a shock whenshe was told the house was no longer theirs. The developer, Jeremy Collins, was terminating the contract,…
- What you need to know about reverse mortgages
Centrelink’s Pension Loans scheme is a reverse equity mortgage that offers a fortnightly … Toowoomba-based Heritage Bank’s Heartland Finance Reverse Mortgage Home Loan (tel 1800 076 037) charges 6.19 per cent, and offers…
- City of Sydney survey shows inner-city residents largely in favour of short-term letting like Airbnb
Residents in Sydneys inner-city suburbs believe its OK for an apartments spare room to be rented out short term on Airbnb or Stayz, or for the unit to be let when the resident is on holiday, but not to be made available full-time, a major independent survey has found….
- Sydney family wish-lists go out the window
A high concentration of families in a suburb was neither beneficial nor detrimental for house prices, which were usually swayed more by supply and…
- New home buyers invited to invest in SA property one brick at a time
… capital growth, with CoreLogic figures showing house prices in St Peters increased by 8.8 per cent per annum over the past 20 years. … or if we do, we are at uni or working part time or casual so can’t afford mortgage repayments.
- A financial overhaul can help fathers realise their dream of independence
If your home loan is with a big bank, there’s a good chance you’re getting … I used to describe my mortgage as like wearing a pair of really nice but…