Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Bank crackdown keeps house prices in check as Sydney slows
However, this approach still leaves mortgage rates at their lowest level since the 1960s and highly stimulatory. The major banks suspect that the gap…
- Two full-time jobs now needed to service a mortgage on a typical Sydney home
Sydney’s housing crisis has reached an alarming new threshold with a key measure revealing it now takes more than two average full-time wages to…
- Five of the best budget homes on the Sunshine Coast
If you need a holiday home on a budget, sometimes the Sunshine Coast can be a better bet for buyers. If you want to buy on the Gold Coast, comparable properties could set you back a few hundred thousand dollars more than on the Sunny Coast.
For this list, properties $400,000 and under were consideredand as it turns out, you get plenty of bang for your buck on South East Queenslands northern beaches.
- Melbourne’s prestige market bullish on first spring auction weekend
Melbournes peak spring season for selling residential properties had a power-start on the weekend as prestige homes sold strongly and buyers took advantage of increased stock levels….
- HSBC to expand its mortgage business in Oz
The London-headquartered bank has struck a deal to sell its mortgages via a domestic broker
- WA Budget: What you need to know about the McGowan Government's first
… asset sales the Liberals proposed, Labor said throughout the election campaign it would pay debt down “like a household paying off a mortgage”.