Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Buyers left confused as auction reserves are set higher than advertised price guides
It is the question on everybodys mind at an auction: what is the reserve price?
Or, inother words, isthe property on the market yet?
And the answer may come as a surprise to some. The reserve can be whatever the vendor decides on the morning of the auction regardless of the indicative price range that prospective buyers have been given.
Hopeful homeowners have raisedquestions about whether legislation introduced e…
- Rare Futuro spaceship house up for sale in New Zealand
An iconic spaceship overlooking Blue Skin Bay in Warrington, Dunedin has been publicly put on the market for the first time in its 43-year history.
Built in 1974, the Futurohouse was originally on display at the 1974 Commonwealth Games in Christchurch before being moved to its current site in 1975.
Current owner Juanita Clearwater said the home had …
- The high-end foreign buyer property deals that were rushed in before the stamp duty surcharge
Xiaoyan Shaowas on a whirlwind visit to Sydney in late June when he rented a Rolls-Royce and looked at a handfulof houses for sale in Mosman.
It was the last house he looked at on the afternoon of June 30 that finally caught his eye, so the story goes, prompting the Chinese businessman to agree to buy the Balmoral slopes property for $7.2 million.
There was just one slight hurdle new laws that were to come into effect that evening.
The state gover…
- Newly Patented Home Loan Minimiser disrupts the status quo
The home loan minimiser is a revolutionary tool designed by Karl Mifsud, … It substantially cuts the amount of time it takes to pay off one’s mortgage. … There was an increase in house prices of 14.4% and 13.4% in Sydney and…
- Bank of Mum and Dad the fifth biggest home loan lender – report 2017
With house prices rising out of step with income growth, many young Aussies looking to buy their first home have to be very resourceful when it comes…
- Women in Finance Awards sells out
The finalists for the awards were announced last month and include many representatives and brokers from the mortgage industry, such as Katrina…
- Mortgage strife for Bundaberg households
Aussie Home Loans Bundaberg franchisee George Farmer said the high mortgage stress statistics were unsurprising. Paul Donaldson…
- Statement by Philip Lowe, Governor: Monetary Policy Decision
At its meeting today, the Board decided to leave the cash rate unchanged at 1.50 per cent.
- Spring money-saving tips for borrowers
With the various lenders adjusting their home loan interest rates, now is a good time to compare your rate against those offered by other lenders
- Banned broker to appeal court decision
The Federal Court has upheld an appeal by a Victorian mortgage broker who was banned and had her credit licence cancelled in 2015