Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Which type of flooring should you choose for your home makeover
If youre updating or modernising your home, the flooring you choose willhave an enormous impact on the overall look and feel of yourproperty.
Get it right, and your design choices will be enhanced, but get it wrong, and you might just bring down the whole tone of your project. Here are a few things to consider when deciding between flooring options.
Floating timber floors look beautiful. They feel good to walk on, and they dont …
- Don’t hold your breath waiting to buy here: Melbourne’s tightly held suburbs
Some suburbs get all the press. Others play hard to get….
- Ex-Panther Lou Zivanovic lists Bilgola Beach house for record high $10.5 million
Panthers star forward of the 1980s and now wealthy property developer Lou Zivanovic is planning to make a big splash this spring, listing his Bilgola Beach designer home with a guide of $10.5 million.
Itll make a nice change in conversation for the man who made headlines earlier this year amid revelations he brokered <a href="http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/…
- Why mortgage rates may rise sooner than you think
And with mortgage stress indicators already rising even before the GDP report, home loan borrowers will be highly sensitive to any change in…
- When a loan is deemed a gift
The bank registers a mortgage over the property securing their loan. … that the money was a gift and orders Vicki to execute a discharge of mortgage.
- Now and then: the cost of buying a home in 1986 vs today
It’s not news that house prices are skyrocketing in some of Australia’s … In September 1986, the average standard variable home loan rate was a…
- New report exposes ‘white-collar criminality’ in the mortgage market
Banks are issuing high-risk loans against the unrealised capital gains of existing investment properties
- Mortgage stress remains elevated in Cairns
A stagnant property market and the rising cost of living are just some of the factors contributing to mortgage stress