Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Marginal recovery in household lending
February figures up following 2.3% fall in January, but overall market remains subdued
- Five optional upgrades to think twice about when renovating or building a new home
If youre building a new home, it can be tempting to follow all the latest trends so that your house is a showcase for current colours, materials and technology.
But before you splash cash on optional upgrades, think about whether your investment will pay dividends. Will it get used, will it be high maintenance, and will the next buyer love it as much as you do?
Here are five upgrades that dont always pay their way.
1. Bi-fold doors
- IMF and ratings agencies warn of more financial pain for Australian economy
Tumbling house prices, a slowing economy and cash-strapped households crying out for a pay increase will confront who ever wins next month’s…
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank cuts home loan rates
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank will cut interest rates on two home loan products, as it takes measures to offset slowing mortgage growth and competition…
- Weighing up the value of gold and silver as separate asset classes
My main concern is that I want to pay off my mortgage before I retire. I still owe $180,000 to my bank and pay about $430 in interest each month.
- Bay views and palatial proportions: Eight of the best prestige homes for sale right now
Even within the upper echelon of the Australian property market, there are some homes that are a cut above the rest.
Weve rounded up some of the most jaw-dropping residence that are up for grabs right now.
12 David Street, Mosman NSW. Photo: Supplied
Given a supe…
- Melbourne property prices to suffer sharpest decline across the country with falls of up to 16 per cent
Moody’s Analytics say house prices in the capital cities are predicted to drop a further 7.7 per cent in 2019 and Melbourne is about to be hit the worst.
- Bendigo: The regional city that’s transformed into a foodie and cultural hub
Hats off toGrace Kelly and Marilyn Monroe.These two screen goddesses have played a significant role in putting Bendigo on the national arts radar, with exclusive exhibitions about them at Bendigo Art Gallery in 2012 and 2016 each drawing around 150,000 visitors….
- Best features of an owner-occupier home loan — explained
When looking for a home loan, try to look beyond the interest rates and consider these features that can help you save and manage your finances better