Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Escape to Stanley, Tasmania: ‘It’s just special. It’s not like anywhere else’
Its home to a selection of nationally recognised heritage buildings, such as the Stanley Museum and Joe Lyons Cottage, and it was once the base of theVan Diemens Land Company, but a spectacular natural feature dominates Stanleys skyline….
- The ex-Melburnians aiming for self-sufficiency at their farm near Hanging Rock
Bryans got through the fence again, Mike Boudrie sighs, watching from a distance as a young calf munches on hay hed spent most of the morning trying to fence off.
Like most days, hed spent the early hours feeding the animals, mending fences and other menial tasks. All this before heading to work at Telstra in the city, four days a week.
On his farm in Hesket, in the shadow of Hanging Rock, fence mending is a frequent chore. His efforts are ofte…
- Geelong’s optimism after a surge in house price and population growth tempered by population anxiety
Catching the train from Geelong and into Melbourne should be a dream commute. It takes just over an hour and all the while golden fields, native brush and choked highways whip by the windows.
But in the past five years, the city and its surrounding regions have had a growth spurt. Its population has grown nearly 13 per cent and house prices have jumped 44 per cent.
An exodus of Melburnians hoping to escape a cramped lifestyle have fled to the bayside city, and the first signs of…
- How to harness your lending power
You’ve lodged an application for a home loan or a credit card and you’re … Missing a mortgage repayment by a couple of days isn’t going to impact…
- This couple's secrets to saving a large house deposit
Mortgage Choice chief executive officer Susan Mitchell recognises that … the equity in their parents’ home to guarantee part of their own home loan.
- This 1 Assumption Could Totally Destroy Your Retirement
And if you think your housing costs will decline a bunch if you pay off your mortgage prior to retirement, think again. As homes age, they tend to require…
- Should borrowers fix their home loan interest rate now?
Over the past few weeks we’ve seen quite a number of lenders cut fixed rate loan rates to the point where you can fix your home loan for three years…