Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- For your eyes only: Luxury Brisbane home hides a James Bond-style secret room
Why classic yet contemporary homes are the hottest property
Luxury Queenslandsky home sells to mystery buyer
- More ‘rent bidding’ apps to launch in Australia as rental revolution looms
- Victorian house sets new Carlton suburb price record of more than $5 million
- Sydney, Melbourne the homes of mortgage stress
There’s a sound reason policymakers encourage home ownership. … An analysis of average household incomes relative to median house prices…
- ASIC tells banks to do better on mortgage broker data
ASIC deputy chair Peter Kell says that while lenders were complicit in providing information to the review into the mortgage sector, it took “time and…
- Mortgage advice a curly issue for hairdressers and football clubs
Hairdressers and football clubs are sharing in nearly $70 million of commissions paid by lenders for promoting their mortgage offerings to potential…
- Inflation number misses the housing crisis
Over the same period, house prices grew 1.4 per cent, and by 75 per cent over the … And it doesn’t include the interest costs of repaying a mortgage.
- $100 tipping point for 57% of mortgage holders
The majority of borrowers would struggle with even very minor rate rises with new research revealing real risk in the market