Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Townhouses achieve record prices across Melbourne as demand heats up
- Runaway house prices put ownership dreams on hold
Runaway house prices put ownership dreams on hold …. and said he felt “blessed” to have a good job that made home ownership a consideration.
- Controversial US ‘rent-bidding’ start-up Rentberry to launch in Australia, tenant unions slam the idea
Renters forced to jump through extra hoops in Sydneys tight market
Renting an exercise in crowd control for Melburnians
- The 2017 Australian Interior Design Awards shortlist
- ASIC tightens interest-only mortgage lending screws
Figures released yesterday revealed Australian house prices advanced at … and that mortgage risk weights which describe the amount of capital…
- Soaring house prices 'topping out'
A LOOMING fall in the nation’s average house prices is likely to weaken the sharemarket, other investment returns and Australians’ superannuation…
- CUA stops lending to property investors
Demand for property investment loans is so strong that Australia’s largest mutual bank CUA has decided to stop writing new loans for property…
- ASIC announces "targeted" surveillance of brokers
The measures will ensure that lenders and mortgage brokers are recommending ‘appropriate’ volumes of interest-only loans
- ME Bank, ING Direct raise mortgage rates
The lenders cited increasing regulatory and compliance costs as the reason for the hikes
- APRA imposes new limits on interest-only mortgage lending
The regulator said lenders must place strict internal limits on the volume of interest-only lending at loan-to-value ratios above 80%