Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- The inventive ways rural Victorian councils are trying to attract young people back to their towns
Population challenges are nothing new for Victoria. The recent boom in Melburnians is causing a number of well reported issues for those living in the capital everything from troubles finding a rental property to persistent road and rail congestion.
But in some of Victorias oldest regional towns, theres a different kind of challenge emerging retirees are moving in in droves.
In fact, the growing population of older r…
- Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed sells Mosman house at $550,000 loss
The ruler of Dubai has been caught up in Sydneys cooling property market, losing more than half a million dollars on a Mosman house that went to auction on Saturday….
- ‘Back to the old days’: South Melbourne townhouse sells $211,000 above reserve
Dozens of rapid-fire bids flew on a gloomy South Melbourne afternoon on Saturday, with four families vying for the keys to a highly sought-after townhouse.
The three-level home at 240 Moray Street passed its reserve price two bids into the auction, with the price continuing to surge to $1,561,000 before the hammer fell.
Even in the last 10 or so bids three of the four parties continued t…
- Petersham house sells for $2.25 million after 22 bidders turn out for auction
A family home in Sydneys inner west sold for $350,000 above reserve on Saturday after 22 bidders turned out to compete for the property.
It was the kind of auction rarely seen since the boom. From the moment the doors opened to the four-bedroom Petersham house buyers were queuing to register to bid.
By the time thebiddingfor107 Brighton Streetgot underway the …
- Trump wants Fed to juice US economy
In the aftermath of the financial crisis a decade ago, the Fed bought government bonds and mortgage-backed securities in a strategy called…
- Leave property investors alone and stop tinkering with their money
The perception is that the two go hand-in-hand together, that if you have an investment property you’re rolling in cash. According to the latest…