Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- If the housing bubble bursts economy will come tumbling down
Abelson’s modelling showed a fall in interest rates from 5 per cent to 4 per cent would increase house prices by 15 per cent. Mortgage interest rates…
- Are private playrooms the new norm in luxury apartment blocks?
Stylish new childrens activity centre in Sydney redefining what it means to play
What should come first? The house or the kids?
Theres a working lighthouse and a …
- Collette Dinnigan buys brother Seamus’ Paddington digs for more than $1.7 million
Collette Dinnigan and husband Bradley Cocks list country retreat
Fashion designer Collette Dinnigan scores $2.5m flipping Watsons Bay home
- Failed investment bank Lehman Brothers floats $1bn settlement
Lehman Brothers is floating a settlement that would pay at least $US1 billion ($1.3bn) to institutional investors holding debt tied to soured mortgage…
- Former NSW premier Mike Baird buys $3.6 million home in North Curl Curl
Tim Bailey on buying his first house at North Curl Curl
How to spend the perfect Saturday in Curl Curl
- High-end Melbourne apartment developments offer amenities fit for a mansion
Living the high life in a designer apartment tower
Five-star lifestyle: home is where the hotel is
- Jonathan Tepper: too late now to cool housing bubble
Despite combined capital city house prices growing a further 13 per cent in the past year, Mr Tepper stood by his … While APRA last year forced some deleveraging by raising mortgage risk weights, chairman Wayne Byres this week…
- Strong population growth behind Melbourne's rising house prices
MELBOURNE’S rapidly growing population is underpinning the present surge in house prices, the Real Estate Institute of Victoria says.
- 350,000 rewards points offered in big four home loan bundle
The points will be given to owner-occupier and investor lenders who are eligible for the home loan and banking package
- Ex-mortgage broker guilty of deception
An Adelaide-based broker has pleaded guilty to six charges of deception worth more than $1.9m
- APRA limits will curb mortgage risk: Moody’s
The global ratings agency has applauded the regulators new measures targeting interest only lending practices
- Stamp duty back in firing line
Two major real estate organisations have recommended the government curb or abolish excessive fees for property buyers