Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Fintech raises $1.5m in funding
The fintech has closed its recent round of funding led by Australian mortgage groups
- Scion of Fortitude Valley dynasty lists Teneriffe home
Bevan Bicklemay be part of the Brisbane dynasty whoown and operate some of the biggest nightspots in town includingCloudland,Press Club,Birdeesand Empire but theres nothing dim about the interior of his home, and not achandelierin sight.
Instead, his Teneriffe houseis a stunning architectural property flooded with natural light and warmed by native Australian timbers.
The Bicklefamily busines…
- Why this young Sydneysider is packing up and moving to the Gold Coast
Sydneysider Angus Terry is preparing to leave the state he has called home his entire life.
Packing up his job in finance, his house and life, he will move to the Gold Coast with his partner, where the couple have bought a new homeand a development site on which Mr Terry will build and run a gym.
The couple are part of a growingmovement of young, professional southerners migrating to south-east Queensland.
While retirees and holiday-homebuyers have long …
- Developer sent ‘chatty but scary’ letters to encourage buyers to walk away from new apartments
Letters that were chatty but hopefully scary were approved by a property developer to be sent to people whod bought apartments off the plan two years before, in the hope theyd walk away from their contracts, a court was told on Tuesday….
- Mortgage refinancing has become a struggle for Aussies
Homeowners tend to believe that their property has increased in value
- Investor lending nosedives in June
The market saw its first negative growth since the height of global financial crisis
- Australian house prices have fallen for 10 consecutive months
By Leith van Onselen. CoreLogic’s dwelling price results are in for July, with another 0.62% decrease in values recorded over the month at the 5-city…
- Big city income, small town lifestyle
House prices grow too much and families decide to quit the city and go elsewhere for a seachange and a more affordable mortgage. However…