Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- The Design Files: Inside the colourful and vibrant home of artist Rachel Castle
Who: Designer and artist Rachel Castle, husband Daz, and children Cleo (18) and Lucas (16).
Where: Northbridge, NSW
What: Cheerful renovated home
The suburban Sydney home of designer and artist Rachel Castle has a vibrancy that almost bounces off the printed page.
The space, says Castle, has evolved from the days when she loved too many things to have a proper sty…
- The house with a 360-degree outlook across ocean and escarpment
Some clients bestow commissions that forge a creative reputation: lets call them patrons.
Andy Carson, an industrial designer who retrained as an architect, counts as patrons the clients who gave him a two-part brief to design two houses for their scenic dairy farm near Kiama on the South Coast.
Even before he scoped out the pastoral acres which, from a grassy knoll, offer a 360-degree outlook to ocean, lagoon, townscap…
- Why CBA is not likely to hike home loan rates
Despite posting weak profit figures, its net interest margin improved
- Interest only loan conversions may lead to increase mortgage delinquency
Difficult refinancing conditions will contribute to the rise of delinquency rate, according to Moodys
- Bilateral Local Currency Swap Agreement with Bank Indonesia
Media Release Number 2018-18: The Reserve Bank of Australia and Bank Indonesia have come to an agreement to renew their Bilateral Local Currency Swap Agreement, which is due to expire in December 2018.
- Mirvac profit slips as property cools
Smaller banks have been raising home-loan rates out of cycle with the … which account for more than 75 per cent of the mortgage market, will soon…
- More WA households facing mortgage stress
More West Australians are falling behind on their home loans, according to alarming new numbers from the country’s biggest mortgage lender.
- Captured APRA loosens investor mortgage cap for mad Macquarie
The volume gains made by non-ADI lenders in the investment mortgage market could come under severe pressure in the next few months as APRA…
- Should you be worried about the Australian economy — your job, your mortgage, your future?
The 1980s delivered home loan interest rates of 17%, so I do prefer the economy of 2018 for obvious reasons. And if you can get past this slow wage…