Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Campbell family to sell piece of 1950s’ Australiana, Oxalis Cottage, for $2 million
Buyers on the home hunting trail this weekend might view the fairly humble houseat the end of a cul-de-sac in Greenwich as an entry point to the localmarket or even as a potential redevelopment job, butfor thelegions of Australians who readtheAustralian Womens Weekly and Sunday Telegraph from the mid-1950s through to the 1970s it will be better known as Oxalis Cottage….
- Spending spree: How Melbourne’s mega shopping centres are luring homebuyers to nearby neighbourhoods
You can really lose yourself at Chadstone. Australias biggest shopping centre is a climate-controlled world where tier on tier of retail mixes with entertainment, cinemas, Australias first Legoland and myriad dining precincts featuring on-trend offerings, such as Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart, Axil Coffee and Chur Burger….
- Suncorp offloads life business for $725m
The lender’s mortgage portfolio rose to $47.6 billion, up from $44.8 billion in FY17, with Suncorp noting that the growth was 1.2 times above system.
- Fitch: Australian house prices to keep falling
Other than weakening mortgage loan growth, we expect Australian interest rates will remain low over the coming quarters as the RBA is likely to…
- Bank lauds broker contribution, supports PC 'changes'
The lender’s mortgage portfolio has risen to $47.6 billion, up from $44.8 billion in FY17, with Suncorp noting that the growth was 1.2 times above…