Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- A new Australian dream: Why Melbourne and Sydney need to be more like New York
With Melbourne and Sydney expected to grow to the size of New York City by 2050, urbanists have warned Australias rapidly-growing capital cities face catastrophic failure unless they densify and start looking a lot more like the Big Apple….
- Brisbane needs bravery, big bucks and big-boy pants
As yet another year of underwhelming property market performances begins its roll into another, Im often asked: When will things improve in Brisbane?
And, while the short answer to the question is, Whenever the Queensland economy significantly improves, the longer this takes, the more I questioned whats actually being done about it.
Brisbane has some good property market fundamentals, but we have to go way…
- Emerging Reporting Season Themes
The CBA’s Matt Comyn reported slowing revenue growth with home loan growth … At current mortgage interest rates, monthly repayments on loans that … Implications: renovations cycle is turning negative as falling house prices bite.
- How much of your income should you contribute to your mortgage repayments?
Despite interest rates remaining at record lows many borrowers have taken on huge home loan debts and with little to no wage growth it’s taking a…
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank's cash profit rises 6.4pc, fee income under pressure
Bendigo picked up some extra mortgage lending, as borrowers not able to get financing from major banks due to tighter lending standards turned to it.