Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Chinese property investors return to the market
Property investment from overseas Chinese nationals up 10.2% to July
- What The Block contestants got wrong in the style-to-sell challenge
It was the first Blockteam challenge of the season and it was bound to cause quite a frenzy.
Given little more than six hours and some inspiration from The Block judges, the contestants were asked to style aSt Kilda home for sale.
How did they go?
If you asked the contestants themselves, a quiet shake of their heads will tell you not well. But according to the judges, there were some positives to be taken from thechallenge.
- Canberra’s apartment construction slowing: HIA outlook
Canberras apartment boom is starting to slow, according to a new report released by the Housing Industry of Australia on Wednesday.
HIA executive director ACT and Southern NSW Greg Weller said the record volume of new apartments slowed in the first six months of 2018 and he expectedthis would continue over the next couple of years.
As the record volume of apartments under construction reaches completion over the next couple of years, we expect a pause in the …
- Commonwealth Bank records growing mortgage stress in WA
Households may be having a hard time coping with rising essential costs
- Mortgage rates cut for new customers as existing borrowers pay the price
But existing home loan customers are paying the price, says RateCity research … Lending to property investors has slumped 16 per cent in the past year, … as a result, to see further weakness in house prices and building approvals.
- Australian dollar breaks, ASX hits new high
Dalian is sniffing at those Chinese house prices: Big Iron is down anyway: Big Gas looks toppy: Big Gold is in trouble as DXY powers: Big Mortgage is…
- Banks use hot rates to lure new business, loyal borrowers pay the price
Banks are flooding the market with home loan products that offer special rates to drum up new business, while loyal customers pay the price.
- Why is everyone moving into tiny houses?1:03
People usually think, ‘I can either rent, share rent or get a mortgage’ and they’re the only three choices people typically think they have, as well as…