Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- A space in the sun: How to style your outdoor area for the warmer months
With the glory days of spring just weeks away, its time to start preparing for the home-entertaining season ahead.
Interconnected indoor-outdoor spaces designed for entertaining are a signature of Australian homes. Unlike most dense cities around the world where these are non-existent or merely a place to hang washing, indoor-outdoor spaces are an expected feature of all modern Australian properties, from large estates with big gardens through to small apartments.
- Trust in mortgage brokers’ ethics falls
The result is largely influenced by the misconducts and scandals exposed by the financial services royal commission
- New Zealand curbs foreign property ownership to cool market
As a result, it said home ownership had slipped to a 60-year low. … in New Zealand is going to have any impact on house prices, nor will it help young…
- The winners and losers from banks' discount rates
It shows there are more than 170 home loan products on the market targeting new customers, but loyal customers are likely to pay the price.
- New Zealand bans almost all foreigners from buying local property
… banning almost all foreigners from purchasing local property as a measure to restrain soaring house prices. … “We’re here today to take another step toward restoring the great New Zealand dream of home ownership,” said Parker.
- Dropping prices reveal the duality of Australia's home market
The fall in house prices will dampen demand for new housing over the next 12 months. Add to this, the proliferation of punitive taxes on investors in…