Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- The Rose Bay beachfront estate that could topple Australia’s $71 million record
Just months after Australias national housing record was set at $71 million by the Point Piper trophy Elaine, a Rose Bay estate has emerged as a contender to sell for even more….
- Case study: Good bones the perfect canvas for Lyons renovation
A home with the right bones for a renovation drove Brad and Amy Pedley towards a tired Lyons property late last year.
We were looking for a project, something that we could do up for ourselves to live in, says Brad, an interior designer by profession.
We came across this place in Burnie Street and really liked its northerly aspect and big bedrooms. We really felt it had potential.
The Pedleys set about a complete renovation of the property with…
- Why choosing a financial adviser should be like buying a house
For many people, buying a house effectively takes all of their money as well as committing them to a hefty mortgage for the next 30 years or so.
- Young investors are ditching home-ownership dream for lifestyle choice
With no hard evidence of an expected sharp slowdown in house prices and valuations now exceeding the reach of many young people, the report,…
- Payments System Board Update: August 2017 Meeting
The Reserve Bank has published a Media Release: Payments System Board Update: August 2017 Meeting
- ANZ-Roy Morgan New Zealand Consumer Confidence lifts in August to 126.2
Rising house prices lift property owners’ wealth and encourages spending, and the reverse also applies. Auckland house prices are falling but it…
- Fintech goes from application to settlement in 30 days
Since its launch one month ago, the company has also seen a number of mortgages approved including one loan of $1m