Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- ‘This would be $10-$15 million in Brisbane’: Ipswich landmark to go under the hammer
An historic Ipswich estate going to auction on Friday could be the heritage-listed bargain of 2017….
- Why Peter Costello is not even half right on housing
And although struggling families will protest that they can’t afford higher mortgage repayments, the other side of that coin is that each … on that imbalance he’s worried about the impact that unstable house prices or teetering banks…
- Mortgage stress hotspots revealed
It’s a perfect storm that means mortgage stress will spread swiftly, even with small increases in interest rates, according to mortgage industry expert…
- Bank staff 'managed out' if they didn't meet lending targets, says ABC report
… levels of mortgage debt, according to a report on the ABC’s Four Corners. … staff to complete between six and nine home loan requests per week.
- Westpac Brian Hartzer: banks now have to 'prove you didn't do wrong thing' and have backing …
Westpac is defending a case brought by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission over alleged breaches of home loan contracts…
- Repayments top $30k annually in these Sydney suburbs
Dawes Point currently has Sydneys highest median mortgage repayment
- Property industry overwhelmingly optimistic
New research into top players in the Australian property industry shows a positive outlook despite tougher lending conditions