Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Organise finance early this spring property season
Approval times for home loan applications could blow out from four weeks to six weeks, says Vincent Turner, the chief executive of mortgage broker,…
- Financial abuse of elderly parents on the rise as housing becomes more unaffordable
Parents are increasingly being bullied into downsizing prematurely and even threatened with not being able to see their grandchildren if they dont give their kids an early inheritance to allow them to enter the housing market, its been claimed….
- Financial abuse of elderly parents rising with house prices
… ???Parents are increasingly being bullied into downsizing prematurely and even threatened with not being able to see their grandchildren if they…
- Stonnington Council issues last-ditch heritage protection, wiping estimated $2m off house’s value
A multimillion-dollar property has passed in at auction without a single bid after an eleventh-hour council heritage protection.
Issued just 48 hours before the auction, the draft heritage citation turned all prospective buyers away.
Industry sources say a heritage order couldwipeas much as $2 million off the value of the house, set on a huge allotment in Melbournes leafy east.
Fairfax Media has chosen not to publish thepropertys addr…
- Auction Watch: Willemsen-designed home in Kambah draws strong crowds
The winter season finished with a bang with a lively auction at 44 Crozier Circuit in Kambah….
- The obvious mistakes first home buyers make
So if your lender inspects the house and finds that it’s unlivable, they may not agree to give you a mortgage, or only lend you a fraction of what you…
- Mortgage stress hits three of four in Geelong suburb
Mortgage stress is defined as spending 30 per cent or more of your pre-tax income on your repayments. Mr North said high house prices had left many…