Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- ASIC announces ‘mortgage broker accountability’ project
More intensive supervision part of regulators four-year plan released just yesterday
- Group’s profit up 86% thanks to brokers
Growth in non-bank sector linked to climbing mortgage broker market share, says CEO
- Osher Gunsberg’s Bondi Beach pad and apartment below it snapped up by local investor
A local investor has snapped up TV host Osher Gunsbergs Bondi Beach pad and the apartment below it for his children.
The loft-style spread with a car space and a shared rooftop terrace was sold two days prior to its scheduled auction for just above the asking price of $1 million.
- Ellen DeGeneres offloads Beverly Hills mansion for $23m, $3.6m less than asking price
Hollywood royalty and apparent house-flippers Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have unloaded a Beverly Hills home for $US15.5 million ($23 million), $US500,000 ($739,000) more than they paid for it less than a year ago.
The comedian and talk show host and her wife had done some minor cosmetic work on the five-bedroom mansion, listing agent Kurt Rapport of Westside Estate Agents told US property website Mansion Global.
But it was not enough to flip the property for mo…
- In Focus: What capital gains tax mean for property owners
Did you know that capital gains tax is not a separate tax you need to settle when you sold a property?
- Senior Aussies still burdened by mortgage debt
This debt crisis amongst Aussies over 55 could force many out of homeownership
- Mortgage stress, precarious home ownership impacts health of the elderly
New data shows more older Australians are suffering mortgage and housing stress that is negatively impacting their mental health and well-being.
- REIWA: less talk, more action on stamp duty
Factoring in the lenders mortgage insurance cost of $16,010, a buyer would need to take out a larger mortgage worth almost 95% of the property value…
- Industry responds to mortgage broker bill
On Monday, August 26, Treasury released the draft legislation containing a best interests duty and remuneration reforms for mortgage brokers.