Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Major bank cuts home loan rates
Drop of 34 basis points creates lowest ongoing variable rate from a big four bank
- Seven things first home buyers need to know
Industry exec provides broker checklist for FHBs, as 61% fail property literacy test
- Dea Jolly’s step-by-step guide to tackling your first ever renovation
So, you have found the perfect property and now you are eager to get stuck into adding value to it and tackling a renovation but where do you start?
Many people find the prospect of renovating their home overwhelming. There are so many things to consider, from finding good tradies and experts to knowing the order of each step of the build.
These are my top tips on where to begin:
The first thing to do is assess the extent of works that you want to…
- How this 1940s weatherboard was transformed into a jungle-like sanctuary
Who: Marita McCausland (Into the Wild), husband Stuart, daughters Eve (6) and Frankie (5), and spoodles Sunny and Tosh.
Where: Oakleigh, Victoria
What: Refined bright weatherboard
Marita McCausland, owner of interiors and botanical store Into the Wild, and her family purchased this 1940s white weatherboard four years ago.
They were immediately attracted to …
- The 100-year-old home where natural light is now the hero
Australia is full of enduring houses built from the best materials in the interwar period, includingthis 1935 St Kilda property that architect and interior designer Luke Fry opened up to the natural light.
The same couple have lived in the house for 25 years, he says. It was in the best condition for an art deco house I had ever seen.
Everything in this extremely solid [rendered] brick house with hardwood floors and window…
- Homeownership dreams slowly fading for millennials
They either resigned to renting or stay with their parents longer
- Price slumps expected to continue as mortgage restrictions start to bite
Home prices in the biggest housing markets could witness a 20% decline
- More bad news for bank shares as new report says house prices could fall by 20 per cent
The AFR is quoting a report from Endeavour Equity Strategy saying the largest regulatory credit crunch in 30 years could see Sydney and Melbourne…
- Bankruptcies to rise as negative mortgage equity spreads
illion CEO Simon Bligh warned that a combination of rising debt levels, stagnant wage growth and falling house prices could mean more personal…