Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Solution for identity verification
The product will help enable same-day verification for mortgages and other transactions
- Where to save and splurge on a renovation, according to Dea Jolly
Renovating can be a daunting prospect for many reasons, not least of which is knowing what to spend your hard-earned cash on and when to keep your hand in your pocket.
With so many options available, knowing what is worth investing in and what isnt will make all the difference to your total spend at the end of a project.
Here are my top tips on where to save, and where to splurge when renovating:
Where to spend
Depending on the size of your renovation and …
- Payments System Update
The Bank has released a media release
- Westpac rate hike fallout: 45% of Queenslanders to fix home loan
NEARLY half of all mortgage holders in Queensland plan to fix their home loan in the next 12 months, amid the threat of more lenders hiking interest…
- Commbank's new home loan redraw rules could put your rainy day fund at risk
Samantha borrows $400,000 with a 30-year mortgage. Five years into the loan she makes $30,000 in extra repayments. As a result, the principal and…
- Major banks could get $1b boost from copying Westpac's rate hike
The big four banks stand to boost their combined profits by about $1 billion if they all match Westpac’s mortgage interest rate increase. But experts are…
- 6 financial mistakes to avoid when renovating your property
There are a few financial mistakes that you should avoid at all cost when renovating your property