Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- More Australians eating into their savings to make ends meet, ME Bank survey finds
More Australians are dipping into their savings to make ends meet as living expenses increase, wages stagnateandmortgage and rental stress remainhigh, a new survey has found.
ME Banks bi-annual Household Financial Comfort Measures report surveys 1500 households to gaugehow they feelabout their financial situation, including cost of living and household debt.
The report, released on Monday, painteda grim picture with aq…
- Auction over in three minutes in bidder battle for 11-bedroom boarding house in Fitzroy North
Has Melbournes real estate market got its mojo back? It looked that way in several in-demand pockets of the city on Saturday as auction buyers upped the ante to secure tightly-held properties.
At the weekend, a suburb house price record was set in Highett when four bidders pushed a four-bedroom home at 32 Miller Street to a sale price of $2.041 million.
On the other side of the Yarra, a &…
- The Block 2018: Teams introduced to The Gatwick, St Kilda in series return
Giddy up, folks, The Block is back. And like every former lover returning to your life, its showing off its new, improved assets in a bid to tempt you into its tender embrace for another 12 weeks….
- Post-boom reality check: Surry Hills homeowner reduces price after no nibbles at auction
An increased proportion of home sellers were ready to meet in the middle and trim their asking prices for properties auctioned on the weekend….
… worth millions, and has thousands of students across Australia. But now she teaches a different strategy. MORE: Are mortgage brokers worth it?
- Our Gen: Hope for young Victorians in harsh housing market
With increasing house prices and slower wage growth, those looking to buy a property face a harsh reality. The average house value in Victoria in…