Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- In little-known Koroit, with big religious history for sale, a buyer is needed
It used to be home to the Sisters of the Good Samaritan but now a former convent in Koroit, a small town between Port Fairy and Warrnambool, could become the idiosyncratic home of a saintly buyer….
- ‘Taj on Swan’ Peppermint Grove site sells, billionaire owners set to lose more than $5m
An anonymous buyer has found a bargain in the swanky WestAustralian suburb of Peppermint Grove, after buying a 6582-square metre super block of land for $17 million.
The land at 2 Bay View Terrace, Peppermint Grove once housed an incomplete mansion dubbed the Taj on the Swan owned by billionaires Pankaj and Radhika Oswal.
The Oswals had bought the block for $22.7 million in 2006 near the peak of Western Australias property priceand resources boom…
- Landlords will withdraw homes from rental market in response to new laws: REIV
Landlords will withdraw their properties from the rental market if the Andrews governments proposed rental reforms become law, Victorias peak real estate industry body has claimed.
The Real Estate Institute of Victoria, whose 5000 members are predominantly real estate agents and landlords, labelled the proposed changes draconian and argued they would cripple the states rental housing market.
The government has promised to introduce the long-awa…
- Don't mind the slump, prices will rise again
Buyers are often fixated on short-term events
- What could trigger a housing market crash in Australia?
The slowing credit growth could send house prices to uncharted depths
- Here's how much further Aussie property prices need to fall for you to get on the ladder
Bruce Carr is an independent mortgage broker who helps young professionals into … Now we’ve all seen signs of the recent cooling in house prices.
- "Disappointed, although not surprised"
The mortgage industry has reacted to the Productivity Commission’s final report into competition in the Australian financial system, reopening the…
- Major banks used market power to 'exploit' customers: PC
The PC rejected the big four’s claims that the growing range of products and benefits offered to customers, mortgage rate discounts, and low…