Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Deposits now 1.4 times the average Australian household income
In order to service an 80% LVR mortgage, an Australian household is required to use 36.8% of its income on average. This is higher at 38.0% for…
- WA unveils boosted first home buyers grant
The REIWA has also responded to the scheme, expressing concerns it will exacerbate the states struggling property market
- Year in review: A look back on the big stories affecting the real estate industry in 2016
Atsummer barbecues across the nation, 2016 will be remembered fondly by buyers and sellers alike. It was the year interest rates continued to slide and property prices kept inching up in all but two cities.
But it also came with its fair share of controversies, new players and legal intervention. Here, we look back on the year that was 2016 in the real estate industry.
Underquoting cases made headlines
Arguably the most notable case was in Melbour…
- The Government Thinks Australia's Crazy House Prices Are Fine
… notions of affordability of housing; but no recommendations to trim back the generous tax concessions, or make changes to the home loan market.
- Fintech's first full year attracts over 350 brokers
The fintech has reached a total of $3 billion worth of received home loan … The firm had made great strides with on-boarding new mortgage brokers…
- Fintech’s first full year attracts over 350 brokers
The mortgage marketplace has also celebrated reaching $3 billion worth of received home loan applications
- “Benign” property growth expected for 2017
A chief economist at one of Australias top real estate websites has predicted a flat price outlook for the national property market next year
- Fifteen of the best holiday shacks for sale in WA
As holiday time kicks in after Christmas festivities, daydreams drift towards beach getaways, barbecues,celebrations and leisure time.
The holiday shack has been a staple of the Australian vacation for as long as sandy feet and sunburn have symbolised summer.
Picture yourself stepping into one of these15 authentic cabins, cottages and cute weekenders. The holiday lifestyle might even be cheaper than you think.