Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Non-bank heads towards green mortgages
The lender has become the first in Australia to issue a Green Bond linked to residential mortgages
- The intriguing ownership behind Vaucluse’s latest $40 million house sale
The Vaucluse waterfront mansion best known as the Sydney base of Chinese e-commerce billionaire Richard Qiangdong Liu has sold for almost $40 million….
- The vital role of trees in keeping our cities cool, power bills down and residents healthy
Heat is an underrated killer in Australia, and with the country headed for record-breaking temperatures this summer, an urban greening movement is pushing for more trees to cool down the countrys concrete jungles….
- Perth median house price continues to increase
An industry group reports that the citys median house price rose for second month in a row
- Off a cliff: House prices alarmingly close to record-hitting territory
It probably fair to say that Sydney house prices have now officially fallen over the cliff and Melbourne looks to be not too far behind. It has taken almost…
- ANZ admits to HEM abuse in mortgage approvals
Mr Elliott attributed the disparity to the higher proportion of top-ups for existing loans through the branch network, noting that ANZ’s home loan…
- Adelaide batting above its weight for property price growth
The Hedonic Home Value report released today shows our house prices are continuing to rise, albeit slowly, while prices in the eastern suburbs are…
- Five phrases that trip home loan applicants
By now you’ll no doubt realise there’s a whole lot more to home ownership … It might be a bit of a mouthful, but lender’s mortgage insurance, or LMI,…