Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Lender backs current remuneration model
The mortgage provider said a flat fee is not in the consumers best interests
- New home owners worried about falling prices
A survey has also found the shift in the property market may flow through to consumer spending
- Recently sold $7.5m Yowie Bay house provides a lesson in slander of title
One of the largest waterfront estates in the Sutherland Shire that was at the centre of a recent landmark court case has been sold for $7.5 million, smashing the suburb house price record in the process.
The Supreme Court matter known as Blythe v Willis relates to a case of trespass and slander of title after a neighbour of the Yowie Bay property falsely claimed right of carriageway over it, prompting a $7.15 million buyer to pull out of the purchase.
- Queensland first-home buyers grant costs government $639 million in six years
More than $639 million has been handed out to nearly 40,000 first-home buyers in Queensland since 2012, new figures reveal.
The Queensland government detailed its spending onFirst Home Owners Grants (previously known as Great Start Grants) in a recent question on notice, which showed that 37,581 first-home buyers have taken advantage of the incentive over the past six years, costing thegovernment $639.1 million during that time.
First-home buyers from Brisbane…
- ‘We’re suffering out here’: Land buyers demand action on contract cancellations
Buyers of new Victorian land lots who have their sale contracts terminated by developers are calling for urgent new laws to protect purchasers….
- Victorian mortgages shrinking as market slows, Adelaide Bank and REIA report
While the figure was still up on the same time last year, REIA president Malcolm Gunning said mortgages and consequently house prices were…
- First home buyers think housing still too expensive
The leveling of house prices means good news for aspiring home owners, but house … He offered advice to home buyers looking to get a home loan.