Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Aussies fall into a negative equity trap amid housing downturn
In a report on News.com.au, industry watcher Graham Cooke said there is an increasing number of mortgage holders who owe more than their houses…
- RBA in 'uncharted territory' on falling house prices says deputy governor Guy Debelle
The Reserve Bank is in “uncharted territory” when responding to falling house prices and can only wait and see what happens to weaker consumption…
- How to apply the styling habits of three leading Australian designers to your own home
Everyone has a friend whose home is styled with a curated collection of beloved furniture, stunning artwork and effortlessly arranged decor items. While it might seem like their penchant for styling comes naturally, this practice is often grounded in a few simple rules applicable to any home.
We asked three designers to share the interior design habits that underpin the styling of their own homes, revealing the fundamentals of crafting a unique space.
- The bright, 120-year-old Bangalow home of entrepreneur Courtney Adamo
Who: Courtney Adamo (co-founder of babyccino kids), husband Michael (executive producer) and their five children
What: A heritage family home
Where: Bangalow, NSW
Courtney Adamo, husband Michael and their gang of children have lived in this Bangalow house for just two months, but in that short space of time they have well and truly made it home.
<img alt="The whole…
- Royal commission final report could turn credit squeeze into a crunch, fears UBS
Under that system, banks assess mortgage applications based on broad demographic information … We see this as a large and significant tail-risk which appears to becoming increasingly likely as house prices fall, Mr Mott said.
- Westpac-backed start-up to help banks assess loan applications
The company has developed software that can automate the loan assessment processes