Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Ivanhoe, Hadfield among Victorian suburbs where house prices have rebounded to boom-era levels
House prices in some suburbs of Melbourne and surrounds have already bounced back to boom-time levels, as the housing market recovers from its slump, new data shows….
- Fairfax heiress Anna Cleary buys into secret high-end market with $10m Woollahra digs
Sydneys well-heeled home owners are doing a roaring trade in secret, off-market sales snapped up for top dollar before the broader market even knows these houses are for sale as one of the heirs to the Fairfax family fortune well knows….
- Construction slowdown worsens as property prices fail to lift industry
But while house prices have been rising for five months now, neither … In the past, higher house prices have helped fire up the construction cycle, too.
- Williamstown: The Toorak of the west
Its the Toorak of the west; a slice of aspirational lifestyle living gazing at the city centre spearing up dramatically across the other side of Hobsons Bay.
Established in 1837 as Melbournes first seaport, Williamstown retains a salty maritime atmosphere, yet few suburbs rock such a quasi-English village feel. The colonial-era illusion can be slated home to its green, quiet streets and period homes that run the gamut from quaint to queenly.
Eight kilometres in a d…
- Window to slam shut for first-time buyers as property prices surge
Property investors often compete in the same parts of the market as … future capital gains and even lower mortgage rates next year are likely to see … priced properties although it is usually added to the home loan at the time of purchase. … Home loans Sydney house prices Melbourne house prices…
- Citi raises home loan interest rates, NAB lowers
Citi raises home loan interest rates, NAB lowers … While most mortgage lenders might have dropped their interest rates lately, one lender has … customers’ home ownership goals,” NAB Executive General Manager Leigh O’Neil told…
- NAB cuts rates, offers bonus deals
The bank is offering cash bonuses to borrowers who switch home loans from another lender