Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- NSW government e-conveyancing system saving time and money for buyers
When Gus Roxburgh bought a five-bedroom house in Frenchs Forest late last year, he was able to watch every stage of the transaction on the internet.
For me, the whole thing was a very smooth process, says the 36-year-old mineral exploration worker. I didnt have to do anything.
An independent KPMG report on the e-conveyancing system the NSW government introduced last year to put…
- Why I’m leaving Sydney, the city that actively punishes people for living in it
It was love at first sight when Sydney and I met properly a dozen years ago. I fell hard with the sort of giddy infatuation that makes it easy to overlook the odd flaw or two, and to blithely ignore those flaws even as they crumbled into mighty chasms over the subsequent years.
But now Im ending things and moving out. And let me be clear: its not me, Sydney. Its you.
There are a lot of little things that have been bugging me for a while. The wholesale destru…
- ‘An unforeseen result’: Prime-positioned properties sell well in inner west
- ‘We wouldn’t swap this for the city’: Life in a remote community
When Amber Driver, 37, finished school in 1998 and loaded her ute to go looking for adventure, she found more than she bargained for. By 1999 she was in Alice Springs, where she met John, and the rest, as they say, is history….
- Couple's big $2 million gamble
The idea of taking out a crippling mortgage to secure a sub-par home is unappealing to many. So more and more, people are thumbing their noses at the “Australian dream” of home ownership and opting for a different way of living. Some people have moved to the country and have gone off-grid. Others…
- ACT Chief Minister wants to abolish stamp duty for first-home buyers
He called it another hurdle preventing first-home buyers from entering the property market