Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Just as there’s no universal housing affordability crisis, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution
- Providore Simon Johnson’s Whale Beach weekender to hit the market for $7.5 million
- Mortgage Choice's Flavell says banks earn well from brokers
Mortgage Choice chief John Flavell has disputed that banks earn skinnier returns … of home loan settlements, increasing its commission-earning book to $52.4bn. … Mortgage Choice negotiated more favourable terms with one of its…
- CBA culls inactive mortgage brokers
This means you will no longer be able to submit home loan applications to the … Mortgage Choice brokers were not being cut off by CBA, he added.
- Stamp duty concessions for Baby Boomers is groundbreaking for affordability
… announcement for housing affordability because the high cost of stamp duty is widely regarded as a major force driving skyrocketing house prices.
- Banks can improve assessment of mortgage risk: ANZ
The head of home loans at ANZ Banking Group said banks need to use better data to more accurately assess the risk of borrowers defaulting, as the…
- APRA releases updated guide to residential mortgage lending
The regulator has revised its ADI guidelines to ensure sound lending practices are further enforced across the finance industry