Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- 10 of the tackiest decor items on the internet
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the line between awesome and awful is definitely blurry depending on whos looking.
Heres a selection of quasi-awesome-terrible things you never knew you wanted.
Who doesnt want to get out of the shower and pretend theyre being murdered? The Bloody Psycho Bathmat from SPH is $37 from Amazon.
<img alt="Open homes: " data-gaaction="Downloads" data-gacategory="Download" data-galab…
- The Victorian high school teacher who built her own tiny house
Victorian high school teacher Ashleigh Munro*, 26, is among a growing handful of Australians adopting the tiny house movement to combat issues surrounding housing affordability, sustainability and consumerism.
Originating in the United States, the tiny house movement advocates for living simply andcomfortably within ones means.
The homes are generally self-contained and relocatable (achieved with a composting toilet and being set on wheels) and are considerably smal…
- Mortgage stress hits elite eastern suburbs
While new suburb Edmondson Park sits at the apex of Sydney’s mortgage … A mortgage default refers to when a home loan cannot be paid to the…
- NSW real estate: Mortgage stress begins to bite in elite Sydney suburbs
A mortgage default refers to when a home loan cannot be paid to the correct time frame. Hornsby is the top suburb in Sydney for defaults, with 159…
- Bankwest refunds $5 million in mortgage interest payments
BANKWEST has refunded more than $4.9 million in mortgage interest … or transaction account that, when linked to a home loan, offsets the balance of…
- For sale: overseas buyer could pump up price but check fine print
Mortgage Choice,a listed mortgage broker, completed more than $1 billion worth of deals in December, which is the biggest monthly number for the…
- Bank refunds $4.9m after overcharging interest on home loans
The lender has refunded more than 10,000 customers after failing to link offset accounts to home loans for some mortgage holders
- NAB unveils two new broker channel promotions
The bank says the offers will enhance the broker-customer experience through more “compelling” packages for mortgage holders
- Over 300,000 Australians have no home equity
New research has uncovered the shocking truth about a large portion of mortgage holders and the risks they could face in the future