Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- The case for and against fixing your home loan rate in 2019
The case for and against fixing your home loan rate in 2019 … BORROWERS have been urged to think twice before fixing their mortgage rate as…
- Run-down Castle Hill house on quarter-acre block sells for $425,000 above reserve
As economists fear Sydney property prices will continue to tumble, buyers were out in force on a wet Saturday morning in the citys north-west trying to snap up good-value homes in the falling market.
A strong crowd of about 50 people turned up for the auction of a run-down three-bedroom home in Castle Hill with a backed-up registration queue even as it was slated to kick off at 10am. Half of the crowd registered to bid.
- Working but homeless: Higher rents hitting Victorians with jobs
Davide Alberti believes hes one of the lucky ones. Even though hes endured a tough life, the 38-year-old is grateful to live in a Fitzroy North community housing apartment where he moved two years ago with his cat Umbra.
Mr Alberti works as a tree-lopper and earns a full-time wage but says he still couldnt afford to rent privately in inner Melbourne.
If youre working youd imagine youd be in a better sort of pos…
- One-bedroom units in Melbourne auctions perform well amid first-home buyer interest
A Brunswick East resident found her first home on Saturday, following a tight auction in the shadow of her apartment building….
- Nasty Hayne prescription due for Australia's finance sector
Lots of financial planners and mortgage brokers will potentially lose their … Banks are already being tougher on home loan customers but the Royal…
- Hobart property prices take 'seasonal' dip as regional prices continue to gather pace
House prices in Tasmania’s capital city have fallen for the first time in years, as prices across other parts of the state continue to boom, according to…