Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- What the financial services royal commission recommends on mortgages and loans
Banks may be forced to check whether borrowers can repay their home loans, rather than relying on estimates of household spending, in the wake of the financial services royal commission….
- Banking royal commission: Coalition rules out broker crackdown
With Labor giving in-principle support to adopting all the recommendations, the political flashpoint could be mortgage brokers. One of the five…
- Government backs compo scheme, reforms
In a major industry shake-up, the government has also agreed to prohibit the payment of trail commissions from lenders to mortgage brokers for new…
- What would an RBA rate cut mean for your mortgage?
Another reason the RBA may be inclined to cut rates is to slow the flood of out of cycle home loan rate rises made by lenders. Although banks are…
- Banking royal commission report takes axe to sales culture in finance
… and recommended dramatic changes to the payment of mortgage brokers and financial planners that would see many leave the industry, as well as…
- On the cheap: Here’s how you can live the dream without a mortgage
Have you ever dreamed of a home near the beach? Heres your chance to bag a home or holiday home with a difference on the cheap.
Domain has hunted down some of the cheapest and most cheerful caravans and cabins for sale across Australia; some are strictly for holiday use, while others could be a permanent place to lay your hat.
The pads cost from $15,000 to just over $50,000 making them the perfect option …
- Apartment approvals slump as investors stay cautious about falling prices
The number of new apartment approvals has fallen sharply as investors struggle to get bank loans and remain cautious about falling dwelling prices.
The amount of apartments approved dropped 49 per cent in the December quarter 2018, compared to the same period a year earlier, official figures on Monday showed.
It comes as banks have clamped down on lending to investors, under pressure from the regulator and the financial services royal commission.
Commonwealth Bank senior …