Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Finally going for brokers
Applying for a home loan was a major event 40 years ago. … Mortgage brokers performed a great service, by substantially increasing competition…
- Mortgage brokers warn banks will cash in on loan changes after banking royal commission
The mortgage broking industry, which has grown from almost nothing three decades ago to 55 per cent of the home loan sector, says the move would…
- Banks hungry for 'right type' of borrower: Royal commission's home loan effect
Banks hungry for ‘right type’ of borrower: Royal commission’s home loan effect … the housing market, where house prices in Australia’s two most populous cities, … He also noted that mortgage rates remain low and there is strong…
- Banking report fallout: Mark Bouris warns house prices will dive, getting home loan will be tougher
You need a broker to get it (a mortgage) over the line. … said the days of getting free home loan advice from a mortgage broker were set to end.
- Woman loses bid to keep pet dingoes in her backyard
A woman whose two dingoes escaped her home in suburban Geelong and killed a pet dog has lost her wildlife licence after the state planning authority backed a decision to cancel it….
- Banking royal commission: Credit to stay tight, mortgage brokers could quit
Prospective homebuyers will still have to jump through hoops to get a home loan but the process appears unlikely to get even harder, in light of the financial services royal commissions final report.
But some mortgage broking groups saw their share prices slump 25 per cent or more on Tuesday amid warnings a recommendation on broker pay structures could hit their business models, as well as reducing competition for consumers.
Commissioner Kenneth Hayne <a href="https…
- Statement by Philip Lowe, Governor: Monetary Policy Decision
At its meeting today, the Board decided to leave the cash rate unchanged at 1.50 per cent.
- Recent property listing data spur concerns
There is a possibility that a surge will happen this month
- Is the conclusion of the Royal Commission saga a big win for borrowers?
Experts give their thoughts on what the recommendations mean for the lending market