Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Canberra rental prices are now the highest of all the capital cities for houses
Canberra is the most expensive city to rent a house with the latest Domain Group data revealing rents have surpassed Sydney to become the highest in the nation for the first time in 11 years.
The DomainRental Report for the December quarter shows the median weekly asking rent for houses in the capital has jumped to an average of $560 per week an annual increase of 3.7 per cent.
- Low unemployment will keep housing ticking: Bankwest boss
While a stricter regulatory environment in the wake of the Royal Commission has impacted lending and house prices across the country the boss of…
- Melbourne suburb $100 a month cheaper to buy than rent
With a further 10 suburbs where tenants could pay just an extra $50 a week to trade a landlord for a mortgage, and house values forecast to fall as…
- Broker flags 'time and time again' mistakes with financing
Property investors often make the wrong assumptions about what banks … said Bernard Desmond, mortgage and finance specialist at Loan Market.
- ‘It’s a feeding frenzy’: Melbourne’s rental market shrugs off property downturn
Tenants hoping the property downturn would spur rents to drop across Melbourne have so far been left disappointed, with new data showing weekly asking prices for houses have continued to climb to record levels while unit rents have flattened….
- Sydney rental prices drop annually for first time in 12 years, Domain data reveals
Sydney house rents have fallen on an annual basis for the first time in 12 years, with the city losing its title of the most expensive city to rent a house to Canberra.
The median Sydney asking price is now $540 a week for houses, down 1.8 per cent in the year ending December 2018,according to the latest Domain Rental Reportfor the December quarter. Canberra house rents are now higher than the NSW capital, at $560.
- Perth house rents are rising faster than Sydney and Melbourne
Perth house rents recorded the strongest growth in the nation during the December quarter signalling a market turnaround, a new report shows.
The citys house rents also increased annually for the first time in half a decade, adding 2.9 per cent over the year and the same amount over the quarter to $360 per week, according to thelatest Domain Rental Report.
Rental yields for houses in the resources-affected market also showed green sh…
- Home loan borrowers should brace for new year pain as BoQ raises interest rates
It is already an unhappy new year for Bank of Queensland home loan … for a fixed rate mortgage, but be wary with house prices continuing to fall,…