Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Tiny houses look marvellous but have a dark side: three things they don’t tell you on the marketing blurb
- The best value suburbs to rent a house in Sydney: Domain data
Some Sydney tenants are negotiating their rents or shopping around for better value, with new figures this week showing the citys rents fell for the first time in more than a decade.
Renters looking for a good deal can find falling prices across the north shore, although experts warn affordability remains an issue.
The median Sydney asking price is now $540 a week for houses, down 1.8 per cent in the year ending December 2018, according to the <a href="https://www.d…
- Wait and see: The new trend that’s changing Melbourne’s rental market
Stephen Moulton and his wife Cathie have been renting in Carlton for almost three months.
The couple are spending more than theyd like to on their three-storey, four-bedroom unit near the Lygon Street restaurant strip, but theyre happy to pay for the inner-city location.
I work in the city and I walk to work now its three kilometres to work so Im getting very fit, Mr Moulton said. I c…
- Lender hikes interest rates by 20bps
The group has increased some variable home loan rates, while decreasing fixed product rates
- Teenage son of Chinese billionaire Wang Qinghui becomes owner of $17.5 million mansion Bishopscourt
It was the best Christmas present a teenager could hope for a Sydney mansion worth a whopping $17.5 million.
And it now leaves one of the countrys most stunning historic homes in the hands of a young man still not yet old enough to buy alcohol, get a tattoo without his parents permission or even to apply for credit to purchase his own house.
The sprawling Darling Point Gothic estate Bishopscourt, former home of the Anglican Archbishop of Sydney Glenn Davies…