Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Long Jetty: the Newtown of the Central Coast
Brendan Walsh left Sydney in 2001 for a slower-paced lifestyle. On a drive through the Central Coast, he stumbled upon Long Jetty.
I remember driving through the main street when I was still working in Sydney and I thought to myself wow, what an ugly town, not knowing a couple of years later I would be living here, said Mr Walsh, who now owns local vintage store Beautiful Garbage.
There wasnt much open, lots o…
- Rokewood: The tiny rural community set to house Victoria’s biggest wind turbine farm
Blink as you drive into Rokewood and you might miss the main drag. A tractor shop, a takeaway store, a post office and the staple of all Victorian gold-rush towns a hotel.
But the winds of change are blowing in this small rural community, 130 kilometres west of Melbourne, as residents prepare for the arrival of one of the southern hemispheres largest wind-turbine farms.
Hundreds of wind towers each standing 230 metres tall at their highest point co…
- Why you can now have a mortgage or a credit card… but not both
Why you can now have a mortgage or a credit card but not both …. card buffer, there’s a big problem if you’ll also shortly want a home loan.
- US government workers given $0 pay slips as shutdown drags on
But the side gigs are not making much difference, and he has been trying to work with his mortgage company to avoid missing a payment. “Here we…
- Where it's cheaper to buy than rent: It's Ipswich's time to shine
… for $320,000 because he realised the mortgage repayments were the same as his rent payments. WHERE IT IS CHEAPER TO BUY THAN RENT IN…
- Federal workers owe about $438 million in home payments amid shutdown: Zillow
In all, these federal workers owe an estimated $438 million in rent and mortgage payments, according to a recent report from HotPads, a real estate…