Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- What investors can do to avoid paying too much land tax
Land tax can be one of the major costs of owning an investment property.
Its an annual tax levied on all properties valued above a certain amount, although there are some exclusions.
Land tax is based on the value of the land only, not the property value, and does not include the value of any buildings on the lot.
But if the value of your land is wrongly calculated, it could cost you $20,000 or more to correct the amount the state says you have to pay.
- Green home loans: Experts welcome scheme for energy-efficient builds but call for more retrofitting
Experts have welcomed a new scheme offering consumers mortgage discounts to build new energy-efficient homes, but called for the program to be extended to retrofit existing houses….
- This former army barracks in Melbourne’s Fitzroy is now a $7.75 million house
It was once home to Australian soldiers in training, but this historic Melbourne building is now a luxurious six-bedroom,four-bathroom home looking for the right buyer.
The impressive three-storey manse in trendy Fitzroy hit the market late last year with an asking price of $7.75 million.
<img alt="16 George Street, Fitzroy, a former army barracks is up for sale." src="https://res.akamaized.net/domain/image/upload/t_web/c_c…
- HashChing to shake up broking
HashChing’s new boss Arun Maharaj wants to put a tumultuous year behind the online mortgage broking group by shaking up its model, starting a…
- Year in summary: Trends and predictions for the Melbourne property market in 2020
Median house prices in Melbourne increased greatly from the first to the third quarter of 2019 likely a result of the property market stabilising from the…
- Banks pledge support for bush fire victims
Connective, a mortgage aggregator, is offering a three months repayment break. The loan will be extended for three months so the repayments remain…
- Brokers inundated as buyers prepare to purchase
Mortgage brokers report they have been inundated with inquiries and home … It comes as Sydney and Melbourne house prices are tipped to continue to … Melbourne-based 40Forty Finance director and mortgage broker Will … meant buyers had to factor in a longer lead time for home loan approval.
- Green home loan launched to encourage sustainable housing
Eligible borrowers are entitled to five years of interest rate discounts on their home loans