Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- “I wish I hadn’t done it”: Is renting to family or friends ever a good idea?
Home owner Lisa wishes she had never agreed to rent out her Sydney investment property to a friend.
The decision to offer her two-bedroom flat to a friend who was looking for a pet-friendly place to stay after splitting from her husbandhas taken its toll on their relationship and left the pair barely speaking.
I always said I wouldnt rent to friends and I wish I hadnt, the Sydneysider told Domain. It makes everything a lot mor…
- Millennials are more likely than baby boomers to spend 100k on property
What would most millennials do with $100,000 prize money? Hint: it has nothing to do with smashed avocado.
- Fitch cuts Australian banking industry outlook to negative
NAB yesterday blamed rising funding costs for increasing fixed mortgage rates up … One-year fixed home loan offers were reduced to 3.89 per cent for…
- Many first-home buyers are effectively locked out of the property market
A new report states that current conditions have made it increasingly difficult for many first-home buyers to gain a foothold in the Aussie property ladder
- NAB and ANZ hike fixed interest rates on home loans
Both National Australia Bank (NAB) and Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ) have hiked their fixed interest rates on home loans
- The ACT government has reduced its First Home Owner Grant
As of Jan. 1, the goal of ascending the property ladder in Canberra has just become a little more challenging for first-home buyers
- Warning on mortgage costs as bank profits squeezed
Warning on mortgage costs as bank profits squeezed … NAB and ANZ Bank have increased a range of fixed home loan rates, with longer-term …. four banks all raised interest rates for property investors in the lead-up to Christmas.
- Home listings fall as prices rise
ME Bank says its average mortgage application for singles has jumped nine per cent … for a home loan to ensure time wasn’t wasted looking at unaffordable properties. “Being single is not a reason to delay or forgo home ownership.
- NAB hikes many fixed home loan rates
NAB hikes many fixed home loan rates. Australian Associated Press. 24 minutes ago. National Australia Bank is raising the rates on several of its…
- Big four bank changes fixed mortgage rates
The major bank has decided to alter its fixed rates for a number of home loan products citing a “range” of influencing factors