Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Brisbane house prices rise 4.5 per cent, median now nudging $550000
Brisbane’s property market has managed to defy the odds and stay strong for buyers and sellers despite poor economic conditions last year.
- Sydney house prices climb more than 10 per cent to record $1.1 million: Domain Group
Sydney real estate is so expensive the median is now $300,000 more than the second-highest priced capital in Australia, new data shows. By the end…
- Melbourne median house price nudges $800000 with rises for four consecutive years
The dream of home ownership is slipping away from more young buyers as Melbourne’s already expensive house prices soar to new heights.
- Brisbane house prices rise 4.5 per cent, median now nudging $550,000
Brisbanes property market has managed to defy the odds and stay strong for buyers and sellers despite poor economic conditions last year.
The median house price is now $540,758, a jump of 4.5 per cent from $511,361 12 months ago.
A weak mid-year period caused some anxiety in the sector, but house pricesin Brisbane had a strong last quarter of the year, according to the latest figures from Domain Groups rental and house price report.
Domain Group …
- Melbourne tenants hit with record rent as house median jumps to $410 a week
An inner-city tenant may have to find about an extra $50 rent a week compared to a year ago, new data shows.
They are the hardest pinched among Melbourne renters, who are facing record house rents and tight vacancy rates, the Domain Groups rental and house price report reveals.
Melbournes median asking rent rose $10 a week over the December quarter to a median of $410 after staying steady for most of last year.
The proportion of vacant houses across the city…
- One step forward, two steps back as rents slip in Sydney’s apartment market: Domain Group
The cost of renting an apartment in Sydney has fallen for the first time in two years, while rent prices for houses have risen to new highs, data released on Tuesday shows.
The median asking rent for apartments, which is the figure advertised to tenants, fell by 1 per cent to $520 a week in December, Domain Groups Rent Report found. Despite the fall, apartment rents are still 2 per cent higher over the year.
This is the first fall the booming market has seen since Septemb…
- Canberra house prices surge as unit prices take a dive: report
The Canberra property market’s spring boom period has paid off for homeowners with a record 5.6 per cent surge in house prices over the December…
- Non-bank extends two week settlement guarantee
Citing a 100% success rate, the lender has announced it will commit to a two-week turnaround time for another three months
- Aussie casts out net for passionate brokers
The mortgage franchise is on the lookout for high calibre, dynamic and motivated individuals to join its team
- Risks of buying property “quite high”
Questions have been raised challenging the common perception that property will remain a safe investment for the long term