Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Tighter regulations to ruffle Chinese property buyers’ feathers this Lunar New Year
Flocks of Chinese property buyers will be landing in Melbourne over the next week, as Lunar New Year takes off this Saturday, but agents fear this golden week may not be as busy….
- City mortgage slaves find a cool tree change adds up
… was the solution to the crisis, as Labor continued to call for the winding back of tax concessions, including negative gearing, for property investors.
- Hackett property offers dramatic sense of space
A large family home on a 1300-square-metre block with Mount Majura as a backdrop conveys a dramatic sense of space in an environment where inner urban blocks are rapidly shrinking.
Owner Hazel Southwell says she and her late husband bought the property in the mid-1970s.
My husband was a farmer and when we came off the land, he didnt want to feel hemmed in, she says.We loved having the nature reserve out the back and theres parkland to the…
- January 28: Escape sidebar
383 Scotts Road
Expressions of interest: Over $1.3 million
Land: 110.89 hectares
Agent: Shannon Fergusson, Fergusson Real Estate and Property, 0429 788 143
Last sold: 2010
This Snowy Mountains country homestead is surrounded by pristine bushland. Recently updated to include modern comforts and convenienc…
- Now is the time to fix your loan
A majority of the fixed-rate home loan market has more competitive deals on … The appetite for fixing is on the rise Mortgage Choice data shows in…
- Mildura house prices fall: Home buyers' prayers answered with low prices in our regional city
First National Real Estate Collie and Tierney agent Lyle Massey puts his mark on another sale. Mildura’s housing prices are lower than the state…
- ASIC bans former Aussie Home Loans broker
The regulator has been banned following an ASIC investigation that led to 18 charges relating to home loan fraud
- Housing sentiment moderates as crash claims rejected
An in-depth report by one of the big four banks shows a positive but muted forecast for the Australian property market