Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Tenants and landlords share their real-life renting horror stories
Think your experience with renting has been bad? At least your property probably isnt the site of a high-rise apartment goat farm (although someones is true story).
We asked renters and landlords to share their worst experiences, revealing some horrifying anecdotes.
1.The unannounced landlord
I actually ended a lease on the perfect property due to a very bad landlord. He let himself into t…
- Whole town for sale: Tone River village on the market in WA
A whole WA village suspended in time is for sale and with a price that could be lowerthan $1 million, prospective buyers are queuing for the chance to nominate themselves asmayor.
On the wall in the office at the former Tone River wilderness retreat, about four hours south of Perth in the states south-west, is a calendar dated 2008.
Itsthe only clue that no one has been at the once-popular campsitefor about nine years, sa…
- ‘It felt more like a hotel than a home’: How to negotiate living in the same building as your tenant
It was when he discovered his landlady had been going through his bins that renter Steve Williams started thinking he might have made a mistake moving into an apartment block owned by the couple in the penthouse….
- ACT leads the nation in growth of mortgage applications
New mortgage applications in the ACT surged 14.9 per cent in the … Veda mortgage applications have tended to lead movements in house prices by…
- Pay off your investment property quicker with Airbnb, says global index
But on top of driving up rents and taking listings off the private rental market, the report also claimed Airbnb is contributing to rising house prices.
- Australian Structured Finance New Issuance To Remain Restrained In 2017
We expect new issuance of residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) in … However, we expect home loan arrears to remain low overall.
- Experts say now is the time to fix a home loan rate
INTEREST rate uncertainty has led some mortgage experts to declare 2017 the year of the fixed rate as opinion seems divided on whether official…
- Progress on digital mortgage applications “inevitable”
With more fintechs emerging, it is only a matter of time before consumers can apply for home loans completely online
- Growing inflation could lead to mortgage stress
With the overall rate of inflation on the rise, many borrowers are in danger of increased mortgage stress