Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Low interest rates shielding housing debtors
Households have made use of lower rates to bid up house prices; though housing is now more affordable than at any time in the last 13 years, despite…
- Questions that tower over housing
Australia’s house prices have been supported by more fundamental forces than over-excitable buyers. The mining boom, as China industrialised and…
- The Port Hedland property crash could be over. Erin Jonasson
After eye-watering drops in median house prices across the Pilbara, there is a growing view that values in … changes to its lending practices in the Pilbara recently and assesses every home loan application on a case-by-case basis.
- Suncorp hikes home loan and small business interest rates
Suncorp has hiked home loan and small business interest rates just days into the New Year, broadening the industry’s recent repricing to offset rising…
- Gold Coast mega-mansion sells in less than two weeks
An iconic Gold Coast mega-mansion owned by Ladbrokes CEO Dean Shannon has sold weeks after hitting the market.
Marketing agent Ruth Fea was tight-lipped about the sale price, but revealed to Domain the Versace-styled Hope Island house settled in a secret deal in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
She said interest in the seven-bedroom,10-bathroom property had been immediate and t…
- Forget the poor first-home buyer. 2017 needs to be the year of the renter